Show Us Your PNW
98.9 KPNW – Show Us Your PNW Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility – The 98.9 KPNW – Show Us Your PNW Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners 18 years or older and residents of Washington and reside within the 98.9 KPNW regular listening/broadcast area to be eligible to enter or win. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you cannot have won a prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $500.00 or more from 98.9 KPNW within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. This waiting period of 30 days does NOT apply to movie premiere events; winning movie premiere event tickets does not count toward any prize waiting period. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station 98.9 KPNW, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on February14, 2023, at or about 9:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 5, 2023, at or about 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, post a photo of what you consider to be a representation of the Pacific Northwest (PNW) (“Photo”) to your own Facebook and/or Instagram page tagging @989KPNW and using the hashtag #IAMPNW, to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Any entry that doesn’t contain: a Photo, tag and the hashtag, will not be deemed to be an eligible entry and will not be included in the Contest.
By submitting a Photo, you represent and warrant that you have all rights, title and interest in and to the Photo, that you have the full rights to submit the Photo for purposes set forth hereunder, and you hereby grant Sponsor an unlimited, worldwide right and license in perpetuity to publish, edit, post and distribute the Photo at its sole discretion without additional prior approval or any compensation to you.
This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrants must adjust their Instagram account settings to allow for receipt of messages from Sponsor. For this purpose, entrants will have to set their Instagram account settings to ‘Public,’ and take any further necessary steps to ensure receipt of any communication from Sponsor. It is solely entrant’s burden to take any steps necessary to adjust their Instagram account settings so that messages can be sent by Sponsor. An Entrant’s non-receipt of a message from Sponsor for any reason, including for failure on behalf of entrant to adjust Instagram account settings, shall be entrants’, and not Sponsor’s fault. Similarly, Sponsor shall not be held liable if they are not able to view an entrant’s entry for any reason, including the failure on behalf of entrant to adjust their Instagram account settings accordingly. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that the Sponsor has the right to contact the entrant by direct Message via entrant’s Instagram or email accounts provided upon registrations to administer and fulfill this Contest.
- How winner is determined: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner on or about March 8, 2023. In the event of a tie, the Photo whose score was the highest in the adherence to the PNW theme featured in the Photo category will be deemed the Grand Prize winner from among all tying Photo entries. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner fails to respond to the Grand Prize notification within 48 hours, that potential Grand Prize forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize (subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion), and the Grand Prize may be awarded to the entry who received the next score using the preceding judging criteria.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize – Airfare for 2, hotel for 2 nights and 2 tickets to Death Cab for Cutie October 13, 2023 at the Hollywood Bowl. ARV: $2200.00. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Grand Prize winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release and a W9 tax form (collectively, “Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize.
- Claiming a Prize: Upon winner verification, the winner will either, as determined solely by Sponsor, be told how they will receive their Prize in one of two ways as follows: (1) Prize Pick-Up: as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at 98.9 KPNW Studios at 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within thirty (30) days of the day he or she wins to verify that he/she is the qualified winner and may be required to sign the Prize Release documents upon (and as a condition of) picking up the Grand Prize. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the Grand Prize. The winner may be required to prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If required, if a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. OR (2) Prize Mailed: Upon receipt of the Prize Release documents, if applicable, Sponsor will mail out the Prize to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, damaged or delayed mailing of any Prize. All unclaimed or returned Prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until April 5, 2023. For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 1, 2023, to: 98.9 KPNW Show Us Your PNW Winner, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC, and its station 98.9 KPNW9 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.